From the Foundry, the Waxman-Markey Bill would,
* Reduce aggregate gross domestic product (GDP) by $7.4 trillion
* Destroy 844,000 jobs on average, with peak years seeing unemployment rise by over 1,900,000 jobs
* Raise electricity rates 90 percent after adjusting for inflation
* Raise inflation-adjusted gasoline prices by 74 percent
* Raise residential natural gas prices by 55 percent
* Raise an average family’s annual energy bill by $1,500
* Increase inflation-adjusted federal debt by 29 percent, or $33,400 additional federal debt per person, again after adjusting for inflation.
Full report at the link.